|“Cope Family Center’s mission is to prevent and address the root causes of child abuse and neglect by offering case management, parent education and self-sufficiency services.”|
Cope Family Center was founded in 1972 by a group of concerned parents after a child abuse related death. Linda Thomas led this group of dedicated volunteers, who envisioned all of Napa’s children growing up in safe, nurturing homes. Despite the changes in our community over the past 45 years, this vision is still significant and applicable today.
Cope Family Center’s mission is to prevent and address the root causes of child abuse and neglect by offering case management, parent education and self-sufficiency services. Cope’s staff and volunteers have worked with tens of thousands of families since our inception, serving approximately 1,200 families, raising over 3,000 children each year.
"Our mission is to prevent and address the root causes of child abuse and neglect by offering case management, parent education and self-sufficiency services."
First Stop for Families
As the First Stop for Families, Cope Family Center offers a variety of programs for Napa County families. Our programs work together to fulfill Cope's mandate to help families become self-reliant. We offer weekday access to emergency assistance and drop-in services at our family resource center, as well as parent engagement & leadership opportunities through the Triple P (Positive Parenting Program) curriculum and home visitation services through the Baby Steps program.
Here is a brief listing of the programs that we offer:
- Safety Net Services
- Baby Steps Home Visitation
- Parent Engagement & Leadership
- Advocacy & Community Education (Child Abuse Prevention Council of Napa County)
In all our endeavors, we strive to embody and fulfill these six core values.
- Community - Cope promotes a safe, diverse and tolerant community through education and advocacy.
- Clients - Cope values all families regardless of ethnicity, language, lifestyle, economic circumstances, or immigration status.
- Investors - Cope provides investors with the opportunity to fulfill their philanthropic goals through quality programs that transfrom families' lives.
- Volunteers - Cope provides individuals with meaningful volunteer opportunities that maximize their skills and talents.
- Staff - Cope provides staff with a family-friendly work environment, competitive wages and benefits, and the opportunity for professional and personal growth.
- Environment - Cope is committed to reducing any harm that our office may cause the environment and promote the understanding of sustainability within all we teach and do as green organization.