Blue Ribbon Month
April was first declared Child Abuse Prevention Month by presidential proclamation in 1983. Since then, April has been a time to acknowledge the importance of families and communities working together to prevent child abuse.
Cope Family Center along with The Child Abuse Prevention Council of Napa County will host several events throughout the month of April to bring awareness to the Napa community. You can find more information about this year's campaign below.
There are many agencies in our county that work to protect children and support families. Through The Child Abuse Prevention Council at Cope Family Center, these organizations collaborate to educate the community and provide programs and services that have lasting, positive impacts.
2017 Blue Ribbon Month
Child Abuse Prevention & Awareness Campaign
The 2017 campaign included:
- Screening of RESILIENCE: The Biology of Stress & The Science of Hope at Crosswalk Church on April 7th
- Screening of RESILIENCE: The Biology of Stress & The Science of Hope at Cameo Cinema on April 26th
- Blue Ribbon sponsorship campaign to help raise funds for child abuse prevention programs
- Collaborative report on The Economics of Abuse
- Presentations at local service clubs about the child abuse prevention programs and services that Cope offers
- Blue Ribbon Murals project with New Technology High School (more details below)
- Distribution of Child Abuse Prevention information and materials by the Child Abuse Prevention Council
As part of this year's Blue Ribbon Child Abuse Prevention Campaign, Cope partnered with a New Technology High School art class on an amazing project. Students were teamed up together and asked to create artwork that displayed what child abuse prevention meant to them. These are the beautiful images they came up with to take a stand against child abuse in our community.
Click any image to view it larger.
For more information about the most recent Blue Ribbon Campaign, please contact Melissa Moize at (707)252-1123.