Children's Bill of Rights
Napa County Children’s Bill of Rights
BE IT RESOLVED, we resolve to invest in all children and youth so that:
- They are raised in an environment that is peaceful, supportive and secure and meets all of their basic needs (nutritious food, shelter, clothing, healthcare, childcare).
- They have healthy attachments to parents, guardians or caregivers who nurture and love them from birth.
- They enjoy healthful and plentiful meals daily and partake in physical activity and time outdoors and in nature.
- They have access to healthcare to maintain optimum physical, mental and dental health.
- They have access to quality education that promotes future success in school, career and life.
- They voice opinions in matters of interest to them, develop their leadership capacity and engage in their community.
- They feel supported by the larger community and maintain a sense of hope for the future.
- They are encouraged to explore and express their innate curiosity and creativity.