Every April, Cope Family Center commemorates National Child Abuse Prevention Month by bringing awareness to this important issue and raising funds to help keep children safe.
While it is painful to think that children are neglected or abused, it is important to face the heartbreaking reality that this tragedy does happen in our community.
In Napa County in 2017, Child Protective Services received 1,479 reports of abuse or neglect of which 199 were substantiated resulting in 93 children being removed from their homes.
One child suffering abuse or neglect is one child too many.
The best way to prevent child abuse and neglect is to support families and provide parents with the skills and resources they need to raise children who thrive. Cope's programs help parents handle life's challenges and the demands of parenting so they can be engaged and loving parents despite their struggles.
You can make a difference.
There are a number of ways you can help prevent child abuse by participating in Cope's 2018 Blue Ribbon Campaign.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to receive regular updates, calls to action and resources. Share Cope's posts to help spread the word about this important issue.
- Wear a blue ribbon pin and give one to a friend. (You can pick these up for free at Cope's family resource center!)
- Bring a friend to a free screening of RESILIENCE: The Biology of Stress & The Science of Hope to learn about how early childhood trauma has lasting effects.
- Buy a Blue Ribbon. Your donation of any amount will support Cope's child abuse prevention efforts. In recognition of your generosity, your ribbon will be displayed in Cope's lobby all through April.
- Be a Blue Ribbon Month Sponsor. Demonstrate your commitment to preventing child abuse while enjoying special recognition opportunities. Sponsorships start at $500.
- Shop, eat and drink at Blue Ribbon Businesses. Downtown Napa merchants are showing their support for Child Abuse Prevention Month through Paint the Town Blue.
Is your business looking to get involved?
We have special opportunities for businesses to stake a stand and help prevent child abuse in our community while promoting their company. You can learn about the opportunities here or call Ricky Hurtado, Community Engagement Manager, at 707.252.1123 ext. 114 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank these Blue Ribbon Month Sponsors for supporting Cope's 2018 Blue Ribbon Campaign. By sponsoring this campaign they are increasing awareness and helping keep kids safe in our community.